Monday 4 November 2013

Evaluation of Music Magazine (Front Covers)



I would take quite a lot of ideas from the front covers that I analysed. For example I would use one large main image however the main image sometimes covered the masthead. I would not make my main image cover the masthead because that technique is used when the branding is popular. As I have not created a popular brand, I would not make the main image cover a part of the masthead because that would make it difficult for the audience to read the masthead and acknowledge what the magazine is called. I would put cover lines on the magazine because that would let the audience know what would be inside the magazine. I would also choose my branding colours then use them throughout the magazine, but use them effectively on the front cover. Also, I think that a white/plain background and empty space creates the 'less is more' effect for the magazine so I would take that idea from the magazines that I have analysed. This is because it creates more attention for the main image because it will contrast from a white background, therefore standing out to the audience more. I will use techniques such as a flasher to draw attention to the reader if I'm trying to promote something, but I will not use the branding colours for this as it will make it stand out more if it contrasted and was not similar to the colours I choose for the branding.

If there was a rock band on the front dressed in black, then they would represent that the magazine could be for goths. Also, if you recognise the person on the front of the magazine then that would indicate that you could 'belong' to a certain 'social group'. For my magazine, I don't think I will create it for a certain 'group' as I will do it for general music but I don't think I will include rock bands so therefore some groups such as goths may not be interested. Therefore, my audience will be for teenagers interested in general, current music. I would attract the audience by having one main image because this seems to catch people’s eye. Also, I will have a large masthead that links to the branding colours and have a few cover lines in the colours that relate to the branding colours, and have a flasher that does not link to the branding colours; therefore this will stand out to the audience. I will have informal fonts aswell, so this will relate to the audience and how it is for teenagers who are interested in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment