Tuesday 5 November 2013

Evaluation of Music Magazine (Contents Page)


The general impression I got from the contents page were that they were quite busy but they were organised. For my contents page, I would use my branding colours to make it look professional. These branding colours can separate it out into sections and as they contrast from each other this will make the sections more interesting. The contents pages of some magazines use small images to give a brief idea to the audience of what will be in the magazine, this is ideal for teenagers as they would not want to read lots of writing, they would prefer to look at pictures to gain an understanding of what the article is about. I would also use a white background, like the front cover, because it draws attention to what is on the page. I wouldn't want to make the magazine seem too boring with a lot of white, therefore I would have to overcrowd the page a little with pictures or colour.

The contents page does not really present a particular social group. They use their branding colours but this does not represent the social groups that they are trying to portray. The only thing on the contents page that would relate to the audience/social group is any images used on the page. The font and graphological features could perhaps portray the social group/audience because the font cos relate to the informality of the magazine, however the audience cannot really be shown from the contents page. Like the contents page of most magazines, I would use one or two small images to give brief information about some of articles, because teenagers would not want to read masses of text. Overall, I would use most of the features of the contents pages on professional magazines because they set a brand and looks aesthetically pleasing for my audience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment