Tuesday 1 October 2013

School Magazine Front Cover Evaluation


The front cover of my magazine follows all the norms that I saw when analysing. I included a flasher, strapline, cover lines, date number, issue number, barcode and a main image - therefore I do not think that my magazine is very 'basic' because I included all the elements to it. My photo that I took was of a part of the school that I thought looked quite good because it gave a nice portayal of the school. I have tried to do it as a full page image so it took up the whole page but that didnt't really work due to the time period I had to finish it. I would have ideally liked to have students posing in the main image but, again, due to time I could not do this.

To improve my magazine, I would put more time into it by doing different effects, but due to deadlines I was unable to do this. I would take a better photo that relates to the audience and I would try to understand the program we had to use a bit better, because I believe that this held me back as we only had one lesson to get to grips with it. I could have made my front cover look more professional if the deadline was more clear and the organisation was a lot better. I believe that the cover lines, strapline and flasher relate to the audience however I could have made the picture relate to the audience more but because I had no time after being told I wasn't allowed to use my first image, I was unable to get the sort of image that I wanted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment